1.Enter your destination address in the top box or use your GPS location. The default is the GPS location.
2.Scroll through the food available in your area. Tap on the one you like.
3. The food order screen opens up. There you can scroll through the pictures and read the description and also check out the Chef information.
3. Choose the transportation method, your payment method and your address if its delivery.
4. Tap “Order.” You may be asked to confirm your order.
5. Wait for a chef to accept your request. The Chef has 15 minutes to accept the request.
6. When your request has been accepted, you’ll see your chef’s location if its pickup or the Chef will see your location if its delivery.
7. The chef will update you through the app for the status of the order. You can always contact the chef via the chat feature or a phone call.
Ratings allow us to ensure a great experience for both users and chefs. We take ratings very seriously; chefs with low ratings may lose access to the LaPiat app.
RATE YOUR CHEF
In the app on the order list tab, you can find the list of active orders. Click on the order you would like to provide a review. Click on the + button and chose rate the chef. You’ll be able to rate your chef from 1 to 5 stars. You can also provide specific feedback about the order.
Certain issues (fare amount, app issues, etc.) are not your chef’s fault, so when they are selected as the reasons for a low rating, the order will not count toward your chef’s overall rating.
Having trouble choosing a rating for your chef? Here are a few tips:
– Most users provide a 5-Star rating unless there was a specific issue with the order
– If we see a 1-Star rating, it typically means that there is a serious problem with a chef
You can cancel a order at any time before or after you’ve been matched with a chef.
To cancel before you the Chef has accepted the order:
1. Tap the Order list tab on the bottom bar
2. Go to the order you would like to cancel and open it.
3. Scroll down and press the ‘Cancel” red button
After the Chef has accepted the order, the Chef can only cancel the order.
To cancel the order as a chef:
1. Tap the My Kitchen tab on the bottom bar
2. Under ‘Incoming Dish orders” go to the order you would like to cancel and open it.
3. Press the red + button and the ‘Cancel Order”
Once a order has started, you can end it by notifying your chef that you’d like to be dropped off. The chef will end the order for you.
If you wish to contact your chef about a pickup location or talk about other details of the order you requested, you can do that through the app.
To contact your chef:
Go the order page, for users it can be located under Order List tab but for chefs it is located on, My Kitchen tab under incoming orders.
Open the order you are looking for.
Press the + button.
Select Chat with the Chef/User or Call the chef/User
Note that chefs may not answer their phones or reply to a text message right away since they might be preparing the food.
Once a user makes an order, the Chef will get a notification on its phone. If you click on this notification it will take you to the order page, where the Chef can either approve or decline the order.
Otherwise, under the kitchen tab, go to incoming order where you can find all the incoming orders. There you can approve or decline the order or update the status of the order.
The LaPiat app does not include a tip when billing you for a food order fare.
LaPiat is a cashless experience. Tipping is voluntary. Tips are not included in the fare, nor are they expected or required.
As a order, you are not obligated to offer your chef a gratuity in cash. If you decide you would like to tip, your chef is welcome to accept.